Self-love is one of the most important forms of love you should have. Life gets more beautiful once you love the person you are. The more you love yourself, the more love you have to give others. Self-love quotes are a fantastic tool to help you start loving yourself more.
What Is Self-love Exactly?
You might be wondering what self-love really means. Self-love is simply the love you have for yourself. It’s taking your own happiness and wellbeing into consideration. It’s making time for self-care.
Improving your self-love can take time, especially if you’ve spent most of your life not loving yourself enough. I find that self-love quotes can help you in this process. Quotes about loving yourself can be inspirational and help improve your mood and the way you look at yourself.
You can use self-love quotes by placing them in places you see every day and read them to imprint them in your mind. You can use self-love quotes as wallpaper on your phone or laptop or print them and hang them as wall art.
Personal growth and self-improvement all start with loving yourself. So becoming the best version of yourself can also be accomplished with the help of self-love quotes. And the more you grow, the more you can enjoy life and live a happier life. The love you have within will flow towards others, and you can have a significant impact on their life as well.
Here are some great self-love quotes for women and for men.
50 Self-Love Quotes to Start Loving Yourself More
1. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” -Robert Morely
2. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.” -Unknown
3. “When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” -Ellie Holcomb
4. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” -Barbara De Angelis
5. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” -Brené Brown
6. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! Shout loud, ‘I am lucky to be what I am!…’” -Dr. Seuss
7. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” -Kristin Chenoweth
8. “Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you.” -Unknown
9. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” -Mark Twain
10. “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” -Wilfred Peterson
11. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” -Unknown
12. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” -Robert Morley
13. “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” -Karolina Kurkova
14. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
15. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” -Rob Liano
16. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” -Les Brown
17. “Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like your love yourself. Love yourself.” -Tara stiles
18. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” -Wayne Dyer
19. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” -Alan Cohen
20. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” -Andrea Dykstra
21. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” -Katrina Mayer
22. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
23. “Regardless of how anyone else feels about me, I am going to choose to love myself today.” -Unknown
24. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” -Maya Angelou
25. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” -Robert Holden
26. “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish. It makes you indestructible.” -Unknown
27. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” -Diane Von Furstenberg
28. “I’m learning to love myself. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” -Unknown
29. “Self love. It doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.” -Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
30. “Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with.” -Unknown
31. “Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.” -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
32. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.” -Jerry Corsten
33. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” -Louise Hay
34. “Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
35. “Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.” -Unknown
36. “Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is till standing.” -Unknown
37. “The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate.” -Unknown
38. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
39. “What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?” -Unknown
40. “I am somebody. I am me. I like being me. And I need nobody to make me somebody.” – Louis L’Amour
41. “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.” -Unknown
42. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
43. “The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself.” Sahaj Kohli
44. “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” – R.Z.
45. “We must fall in love with yourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.” – Mae West
46. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” -Barbara De Angelis
47. “I love the person I’ve become because I fought to become her.” – Kaci Diane
48. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
49. “Give yourself the love you’re willing to give to others.” – Mahin Ismail
50. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
And that’s a wrap! 50 self-love quotes to help you love yourself more. Try writing the quotes you love on places you often see to remind you how great you are. You can use sticky notes or maybe write them in your journal or notebook that you use daily.
Let me know in the comments which quote was your favorite, or if you have any other self-love quote, you would love to share.
Stay awesome and love yourself!