Have you ever been in a situation where you just feel off or down and come across a particular inspirational quote that appeared on your timeline just the right time? Inspirational quotes have a way of uplifting our spirits. It’s something about the way words can impact our mood and our lives.
One of the simple ways to boost my mood is by reading a short inspirational quote or saying that is just right for that moment. Often reading inspirational quotes can help you improve your mood and help you keep a positive mindset.
By feeding your thoughts with positive, inspirational quotes, you can start seeing things and handle situations differently.
What Is So Great About Inspirational Quotes?
Quotes, whether inspirational, positive, or motivational, benefit your life on so many levels. They can help you keep going when things get really tough, they can spark that greatness you sometimes forget you have in you, or they can help you get through a rough day at work.
Words can have an impact, both positive and negative. So, if you keep reading and hearing positive and inspiring words, it can help you become a more positive person, and they can inspire you to become the best version of yourself. And this goes for the things people tell you, the things you read, and the things you tell yourself.
Inspirational quotes can help you get through tough times and help you remember that even if life gets hard or something seems impossible, there is a way out. These quotes can help to remind you of the great person you are and what you are capable of.
Sometimes we just need a reminder of these things, a slight nudge in our back, and these quotes can do just that.
Without further ado, let’s get to them.
51 Best Inspirational Quotes
1. “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” – Solange Knowles
2. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
3. “I realized that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect, and beautiful journey of my life.” – Kerry Washington
4. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
5. “I’ve heard of nothing coming from nothing, but I’ve never heard of absolutely nothing coming from hard work.” – Uzo Aduba
6. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
7. “Failure is a great teacher and, if you are open to it, every mistake has a lesson to offer.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
11. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
12. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
13. “Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition, he or she has overcome to reach his goals.” – Dorothy Height
14. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
15. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
16. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
17. “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” – Angela Davis
18. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” – William James
19. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
20. “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” – Diana Ross
21. “It was when I realized I needed to stop trying to be somebody else and be myself, I actually started to own, accept and love what I had.” – Tracee Ellis Ross
22. “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.” – Demi Lovato
23. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln
24. “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
25. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
26. “You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.” – Shirley Chisholm
27. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
28. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
29. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
30. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
31. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
32. “Very often, a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.” – A.C. Benson
33. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” — Coco Chanel
34. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Henry David Thoreau
35. “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
36. “You cannot save people, you can just love them.” — Anaïs Nin
37. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
38. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
39. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.” Dr. Seuss
40. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” — Billie Jean King
41. “Setting goals is the first step into turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
42. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
44. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
45. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
46. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
47. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” — Seth Godin
48. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
49. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
50. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
51. “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” – Malala Yousafzai
And there we have it, 51 inspirational quotes to help you inspire the greatness in you. Writing down motivational or inspirational quotes where you read it often can help you lift up your mood or help you through some tough times.
Writing down positive, inspiring quotes can help you develop a positive mindset. Here are some free printable journaling pages you can use to start journaling and writing inspiring words for yourself.