In this blog, I want to help you to get to know yourself better, with 53 questions you can ask yourself.
For the past few months, I have been trying to get to know myself better. I realized that I hadn’t been doing that enough and that knowing myself better can improve my life in so many different ways.
Before I get into the questions, I do want to get more into why it’s so important to get to know yourself better.
Knowing who you are is important in a world where there are so many demands, from our family, friends, and society.
If you don’t know who you are, you can easily be affected by people’s opinions about you, whether they are true or not. But if you know who you are, it is easier to be true to yourself.
Knowing yourself better can help you make better decisions because you won’t make decisions only based on what people expect from you, but also based on what is best for you.
If you know yourself you can love yourself better and in a cruel world like this self-love is a very important thing.
Knowing yourself better can help you to like yourself better, it can help you to accept yourself for who you are which will push people to accept you for who you are and love you for who you are.
Those who don’t like the real you, won’t accept you and might leave your side and that is not a problem at all, because it is better to be surrounded by people who love and respect the real you instead of a fake version of you that they would approve.
If you know who you are, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies, your gifts, your past and so on, it can help you to be a happier person, because you can live a life that you love and enjoy.
Knowing where you come from and what made you into the person you are can help you move past traumas, grow from mistakes, and help you practice self-improvement.
It can also help you with your health, knowing what types of food are good or bad for you, what kind of skin or hair products are best for you, and so on.
Okay, let’s look at the 53 questions to get to know yourself better. It is up to you how to implement your answers.
It might be necessary to talk to someone about certain answers to help you get through them. Don’t hesitate to do that or to get professional help.
- What makes me cry?
- Which words can annoy me?
- What makes me anxious?
- What can make me mad?
- How can I uplift my mood?
- What makes me laugh?
- Which type of joke makes me feel offended?
- What scares me the most?
- Are there things I may have done wrong and still need to apologize for?
- Are there people I still need to forgive? And are there things that I still need to forgive myself for?
- Which past events or experiences still bother me?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes I made and what did I learn from them?
- Which childhood memory makes me happy and which makes me sad?
- What impact do I want to have on this world?
- How do I want people to remember me?
- Do I want children?
- Where would I like to live?
- What do I want to be able to do before I die?
- What kind of career do I want?
- What can I see myself doing every day until I retire?
- Do I want to have a 9-5 job or my own business?
- Do I like my job?
- What did I want to be since I was a child?
- Why did I want to be that?
- Do I still want to be that?
- Why did it change?
- What subject in school was my favorite?
Your likes and dislikes
- What are my hobbies?
- What smells do I like?
- Which type of event excites me just thinking about it?
- What do I like to talk about?
- What kind of people do I like hanging out with?
- How do I like to spend my birthdays?
- What type of presents do I love?
- What type of music do I like?
- Do I like pets?
- What kind of games do I like (or do I even like games)?
- What beverage is my favorite?
- Which skincare products do I like the most and why?
- What hair care products do I like the most and why?
- What activities do I dread doing?
- Why do I dislike these activities?
- What type of foods are my favorite?
- How do I like spending alone time?
- What is my favorite color?
- What type of movies do I like?
- What do I love the most about my body?
- What are the things that I need to change in my personality?
- In my opinion, what are my best qualities?
- What does a perfect day look like to me?
- What does a perfect date look like to me?
- Do I want to be in a relationship?
- What do I expect from a relationship?
And that’s a wrap. 53 questions to help you to get to know yourself better.
Make sure you answer these questions as honestly as possible. I hope these questions are helpful and that they can help you to discover more about yourself.
You can also use a journal to write down your answers and if you don’t come up with some answers right away, keep a journal to keep track of your progress in getting to know yourself better.
If you’re looking for more questions to get to know yourself better and continue on your self-discovery journey, this self-discovery journal could be great for you. It has 100 questions and enough writing space to answer them and reflect on your answers.
If you have anything you would like to add, about getting to know yourself feel free to let me know in the comments!