Practicing self-care is something we should do on a daily basis. Self-care is something very personal, and it can vary from person to person what works. In this blog, you’ll find 48 simple self-care ideas you can add to your self-care checklist.
Practicing self-care does not have to be something expensive or something huge. You don’t have to visit an expensive spa (well you can if you have the money), but it can be something simple that makes you feel better or something that helps you to take care of your mental or physical health. It’s as simple as taking care of yourself.
You can read this blog on why self-care is so important and why we should take time to practice it.
You can also grab these free self-care planners to make sure that you practice your self-care on a daily, weekly, and monthly base.
Now let’s get to the 48 self-care ideas you can do to help you feel good and enjoy your life more. These are very simple and can help you to take care of your body, mind, and soul.
Not all of these self-care ideas might work for you because everybody is different, so take time to find out which one suits you best.
48 simple self-care ideas:
- Get enough sleep.
- Drink enough water!
- Eat a piece of fruit.
- Drink a cup of green tea.
- Drink a cup of your favorite tea.
- Drink a cup of fresh-squeezed juice.
- Eat a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Cleanse your face using your favorite products.
- Use a body fragrance you like.
- Put on some of your favorite clothes.
- Read a book.
- Watch a movie/t-v show.
- Get a massage.
- Go for a walk.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Say a prayer.
- Do some breathing exercises (I like to use the calm app).
- Talk to a friend.
- Visit a family member.
- Limit your screen time.
- Take a warm bath.
- Take yourself out on a date.
- Declutter a room in your home.
- Take time to journal.
- Exercise – here are some simple exercises you can do.
- Play with your pet or someone’s pet.
- Do something creative.
- Practice a hobby.
- Dance like no one is watching.
- Buy yourself a small gift.
- Write positive affirmations for yourself.
- Cook your favorite meal.
- Use a body and face scrub.
- Get a manicure or pedicure.
- Place some fresh flowers in your home.
- Get your hair done.
- Try out something new.
- Practice a hobby.
- Limit the time you spent with people who don’t have a positive effect on your life.
- Read or watch something educational.
- Limit the time you spend watching the news.
- Take some time to do nothing, even if it is 10 min a day.
- Go to bed a bit earlier than you normally do.
- Say no from time to time.
- Have a good laugh, either by yourself or by watching something funny or by spending time with people who make you laugh.
- Listen to calming sounds such as instrumentals, waterfall sounds, thunderstorm sounds.
- Talk to someone about things that have been bothering you.
There you have it 48 self-care ideas to help you feel good and improve your quality of life. Try doing small acts of self-care on a daily base and the bigger ones weekly or monthly. Don’t forget that self-care can be as easy as drinking enough water or saying no when needed.
To be there for others, you must first be there for yourself. It’s like when you are on a plane you must put on your oxygen mask first before you assist someone because if you collapse, you are no help to anyone. That’s exactly how it is in life, so take care of yourself!
And don’t forget to grab your free printable and editable self-care planners here before you go!